Friday, March 14, 2008

MSN Messenger Virus Threat

Warning!!! For all the users of MSN messenger, MSN messenger could be affected by unknown virus. I was chatting with my colleague last night, and she sent an unknown link to me (she didnt know about that). When I clicked on the link, a warning message showed that the link was a MS-DOS Application. I was wondering whether to run or save it, but I hesitated since most of the virus files are spread through exe format.

This morning, I asked her about that and she said that she experienced the same situation when she chatted with another friend. She didnt click on the link but obviously the virus already affected her MSN and spread to other contacts. Once it affected MSN, it could affect Hotmail also.

I'm not sure whether my MSN is affected or not...Busy, I'm busy to scan my computer and at the same time writing blog :D . I think I need to install some antivirus and antispyware; perform the scanning several times since every software has different strength. Sigh....still have not found out what is the virus and its solution, still dont know the power of that virus.

I will update all of u if I found its solution. Just beware when u are using MSN, dont click any unknown link and scan your computer from time to time.

No comments: