Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Ang Pow Collection

Chinese New Year is coming soon....11 days to go. Tired with spring cleaning, busy with shopping...the only thing that can cheer me up is the Ang Pow (red packet). I started my Ang Pow collection several years ago...so whenever I do shopping, I ask: "Tauke, any Ang Pow packet?"

I think it is a trend to collect Ang Pow in Sibu especially the auties group ^o^ . Most of the shops will use Ang Pow to attract customers (a popular and effective marketing strategy). The customers need to spend up to RM50, RM80 or even RM100 to get the Ang Pow packets. Last time, a packet has 10 pieces of Ang Pow; nowadays, a packet only has 3 or 5 pieces....worst is 1 piece only. You can get the Ang Pow from banks, restaurants, supermarkets, departmental stores, hotels, cinemas, skincare centres, boutiques, car service shops, petrol stations, insurance companies, securities firms, bakery, haircut shops, TCM centres, mobile phone shops, shoes shops, goldsmith shops, furniture shops etc. Haha...quite a lot.

Overall, there are several themes for this year e.g. rat / Mickey Mouse (Year of Rat in Chinese Calendar), Fuwa (Beijing Olympic 2008), flower, fish, chinese painting etc.

** Year of Rat **

** Flower (puzzle type) **

** Fuwa (Beijing Olympic 2008) **

For this year, CNY will be a bit different from previous one. My uncle (whole family) will come back and stay with us during CNY. It will be merrier...more people, more noise... ^-^

4 comments:

sapphire blu said...

wah very nice your angpow packets for rat year. Gong xi fa cai to you and continue to update.. will drop by to see your blog again.. nice post of urs. oh yeah I will be very happy if you can spend a minute or two dropping by my blog at www.helloskyblu.blogspot.com and leave a comment there.. take kaer.

Flora said...

Happy Chinese New Year......I like your blog....

Moo Moo Cow said...

Thank you very much...Happy Chinese New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai to both of you.

Joanne said...

Hi... you have very nice ang pow packet collection :)

actually i was searching the ang pow icons and saw ur post there :)

myself also have collect ang pow hobby, i have been collect it for 6 years, saw ur CNY packet really nice, just wanna we can share and exchange it in future or not ?